Self-care isn't selfish. Especially when it includes Jesus. In this blog, I am going to share the importance of self-care with Jesus and what it looks like.
WHY SHOULD I SELF-CARE W/ JESUS?
You ever feel overwhelmed with life? Had a long frustrating day at work? Feeling defeated? The bible tells us to cast our cares on him; for he cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). Self-care with Jesus can relieve those feelings. God cares about the very things we are concerned about. Rather you are having a good day or a bad day, spending time with Jesus should be our top priority.
WHAT DOES SELF-CARE W/ JESUS LOOK LIKE?
- First things first, set the atmosphere with praise and worship or soaking worship music.
- Put on your favorite facial mask. I love The Melanated Bar products. My face is in love! Plus they're black owned!
- Run a nice warm bath/shower.
- Once you're done and all comfy in some nice warm pj's, light your favorite Ivory Raine Candle.
- Turn down your music until it's so low that you can barely hear it. We don't want it to become a distraction which is why we want it so low.
- Open your bible/bible app and read the word. If you have a bible plan, even better.
Try to read/listen to your bible for at least 30 mins to an hour or however long you desire. Next, pray. Once you're done praying, sit and be still so that you can allow God to speak to you. Remember, our relationship with Christ is a two way relationship, not a one way.
May God bless you in your self-care with him journey.